Run-time error messages - what are they?

AngeTheHippy 09:25 25 Sep 2004

Morning chaps, when I power up, I'm getting this little window, headed 'antidialer.co.uk' on the top, then: run-time error '53': file not found. I assume this is the reason I cannot uninstall this bit of software? How do I go about uninstalling please? There is nought on the antidialer website on how to uninstall and don't know what to do about this.

thanks in advance,

AngeTheHippy
xx

User-312386 09:29 25 Sep 2004

go to control panel>add/remove programmes, find anti-dialler and then uninstall

OR

start>run type msconfig

look in the startup tab, untick antidialler

VoG II 09:31 25 Sep 2004

Start, Run, type

msconfig

and click OK. Look for it on the Startup tab, untick it, click OK and restart.

AngeTheHippy 09:36 25 Sep 2004

been to uninstall but it won't - that's the prob! Been to msconfig/startup and unticked, but the thing is still on my pc, isn't it. I'll just re-start now, and see whether I get the runtime message again.... hang on, I'LL BE BACK!!!

ATH

AngeTheHippy 09:41 25 Sep 2004

yes, re-started and of course, didn't get the runtime error message. Bit annoyed at the antidialer site though, no help page at all, but to give him his due, I did send an e-mail asking for help and got the return message to go to yahoo messenger and speak there - I don't use yahoo messenger. Anyway, at least I'm not gett the error msg.

thanks loads,

AngeTheHippy
xx xx

SANTOS7 12:11 25 Sep 2004

runtime error

(run´tim er´&r) (n.) An error that occurs during the execution of a program. In contrast, compile-time errors occur while a program is being compiled. Runtime errors indicate bugs in the program or problems that the designers had anticipated but could do nothing about. For example, running out of memory will often cause a runtime error.
Note that runtime errors differ from bombs or crashes in that you can often recover gracefully from a runtime error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017