run-time error

picklesy 05:47 07 Nov 2003

x/p home.can anyone please help with this one,my son payed us a visit last night and i left him alone on the pc,anyway got up this morning and on starting the pc i get this message.run-time error 35752 url is malformed,rebooted a couple of times and ran windows fix file system still the same.i,m at a total loss as to what it,s about any help please.

Jamie.com 05:54 07 Nov 2003
  picklesy 06:32 07 Nov 2003

jamie.com,thanks for the response,i have had a look and to be honest i am not sure how to go about this,how do i go about finding the avi file .

Jester2K II 09:54 07 Nov 2003

The link above has little to do with your problem.

Something (a Visual Basic application) is trying to access a URL (Internet address) but it can't because of a bug in the code.

Not being funny - but have you got up to date Anti Virus software? If not try click here for AVG 6 free Edition. I suspect something (a buggy virus maybe) is on your PC and is starting with the PC hence the messsage.

picklesy 14:30 08 Nov 2003

Jester2K II.thanks for response,i am running norton anti-virus got it set for auto updates i also check there site regulary just in case.i will run a full scan and let you know results.sorry it took so long to reply a few family problems keeping me away from pc.hopefully i,ll get some time to resolve this.once again thanks.

picklesy 15:59 08 Nov 2003

ran full virus scan plus ad-aware re-booted still same message on start up any help please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017