Ruler ??

  Molly_Don 19:16 19 Feb 2009

When I click on the letter "R" on my keyboard, the ruler appears in th top left handside, this has only just started to happen, how do I stop it appearing?

  Sea Urchin 19:23 19 Feb 2009

Which program are you using at the time - and presumably you mean that you "type" R rather than clicking with your mouse?

  Molly_Don 19:33 19 Feb 2009

It happens when I reply to a thread and yes, it's when I type the letter R

  Sea Urchin 20:12 19 Feb 2009

Are you using Firefox or IE7?

  Technotiger 20:20 19 Feb 2009

I think this is one of the short cuts in Open Office, but I am not too sure.

  Molly_Don 20:23 19 Feb 2009

opps it's IE7

I just tRied it aqain whilst typing this message and it's reapeared.

  Technotiger 20:27 19 Feb 2009

Try a System Restore back to just before this started.

  Sea Urchin 20:28 19 Feb 2009

It's one of the features of the IE Developer Toolbar - might you have downloaded that

click here

Right-click on your Toolbar/s and see if you have Developer Toolbar listed - if so click to turn it off

  Molly_Don 20:42 19 Feb 2009

I've not downloaded anything & I've clicked on the toolbar but IE developer toolbar is not listed.

  Sea Urchin 20:47 19 Feb 2009

That's the only instance of a ruler in IE that I know of - it sounds as if IE has become corrupted with Word in some way. I would agree with Technotiger -try a System Restore

  Molly_Don 21:02 19 Feb 2009

I've done what tech said a system restore, yipeeeeeeeee it's worked

ta chappies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?