Rule Wizard in Outlook

BabyGirl 14:00 21 Oct 2003

My Rule wizard in Outlook 2000 works so that all mail are forwarded to my home address. This is OK.

However..my rule wizard on my second laptop at work on my Outlook 98 does not do the same.

I have try exporting the rules in 2000 and importing it to Outlook 98. Still with no sucess as the rule doesnt execute.

Both my work OS is 98. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and my boyfriend doesnt know either. Hope you can help.

thanks!

BG

BabyGirl 12:46 22 Oct 2003

Oh dear...guess its not solveable.... :(

Big Elf 13:22 22 Oct 2003

The only things I can suggest (but you've probably tried) is to delete the rule then recreate it. Also are the emails stored on the server or deleted as soon as they're downloaded?

BabyGirl 21:59 22 Oct 2003

Thanks Big Elf

I have 2 work email accounts and I think it is deleted off the server as soon as it is downloaded. I am not too geeky on these stuff! But like reading this forum from time to time.

I think it is a 98 problem so I will have to live with it.

GaryH 22:13 22 Oct 2003

Many companies do not allow mail to be forwarded ouside of their network only to colleagues within the global address book.

Could be fot this reason!?

Gazza

Taran 22:34 22 Oct 2003

This has nothing at all to do with the operating system.

I'm sorry to tell you that you can't export some (but not all) Outlook 2000 rules backwards to Outlook 98.

Some of the features available to the rules wizard in Outlook 2000 are not duplicated in Outlook 98 so it cannot import what it cannot cope with.

Perhaps if you checked your rules and tried to come to a similar result using a different combination that both versions of Outlook can deal with you'd have more luck.

Your only other option is to upgrade your Outlook 98 machine to Outlook 2000 for cross compatibility.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings but you often find this kind of problem when trying to get an older version of a program to interact with a new one.

Regards

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone