RTF File 2KB wont open

Mixson 15:54 16 Feb 2007

I have been having problems with my PC the last few days which have been solved using advice on this site. Now my RTF File's wont open. "This file does not have a program associated with performing this action" pops up.

terryf 15:56 16 Feb 2007

right click and open with notepad, if it opens then ctrl A and ctrl C then go to Wordpad or your word processor and ctrl V

Mixson 16:14 16 Feb 2007

I have lots of these files and have tried your advice on several. The writing is garbled and it is giving complete details such as what type faces are used in the document. Any more ideas please.

VoG II 16:17 16 Feb 2007

Right click one of these files and select Open With. Browse to find the program that you want and tick the box 'Always use this program to open this type of file'.

Mixson 17:37 16 Feb 2007

I have tried this and most say this is not a bitmat file and wont open my RTF files. I can't understand why suddenly this problem has started.

Mixson 17:19 17 Feb 2007

Hello any one out there got a solution?

brundle 17:21 17 Feb 2007

RTF files are rich-text format, not bitmaps...Wordpad or Microsoft Word will read it.
If the file has been changed or damaged, or the extension is wrong you could try another .rtf file to check. Sounds like something more serious up with your machine as you have posted about the same problem with other extensions...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?