RSS feeds

kindly 17:20 16 Sep 2007

A year or so ago I had a different ISP and website to now. On my site then I had a rss feed that updated and fed like a tickertape. The code was just copied and pasted onto my site.
Now I want to have that on my new site but cannot find a similar code without having to pay eventually. Being greedy, well skint, I really only want some code that is free.
Anyone got a site or code that is free to use. thanks in advance.

mco 19:23 16 Sep 2007

RSS of updates you make to your own site? Do you have RSS feed automatically in your site (like with some blogs, say, on wordpress etc) ? If not, you'd need first to generate it and then get the code that tickertapes onto your page. Making your own RSS feed is not difficult - I just copied and pasted and saved as .xml from click here
I haven't tried this, so can't recommend it, but on a quick google came up with click here
for ticker tape newsfeed.

kindly 18:52 18 Sep 2007

I dont have any sort of rss on my site at all now. I will look at the links you have gave and see if its what i want. cheers mco.

kindly 19:09 18 Sep 2007

I have tried the second link and pasted the code onto the site. It works a treat. Only got to put it in the right place. thanks a lot mco.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone