Roxio Record Now deluxe

John-192053 17:11 27 Jul 2006

I tried to install this application off the Aug 06 PCA DVD. As part of the installation it uninstalled an existing copy of Sonic Record Now.Fair enough, I was installing an upgrade, but then I got an error message:

Windows Installer

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

Anyone any ideas? I no longer have a DVD burner as the previous Record Now came packaged with the PC.

Diodorus Siculus 17:26 27 Jul 2006

Try DeepBurner - Powerful CD and DVD burning package
click here

pj123 17:53 27 Jul 2006

I think the message is clear. Don't install anything from Cover Discs unless you have backups.

Personally I never install anything from the cover discs, whatever magazine they come from.

Pineman100 18:38 27 Jul 2006

I got exactly the same problem as Johnnybni. I gave up!

elchris 09:20 30 Aug 2006

I did this too and installed CD burner xp pro to get over the matter , but now, sonic pops up and keeps trying to sort itself out .
I know we are told we are responsible for downloading any software off the magazine and no liabilty etc.and that we should back up all data ........ but, I trusted it ........stupidly .
Went to sonics website to try and get my original sonic application back , and yes, they don`t want to know about version 4 which I apparently have.
Now I can`t write cds dvds anymore cos of the error where sonic keeps trying to pop up ; have tried to remove sonic from the add and remove programs but although it is there, it shows no size ?
It`s my own fault, but I am now stuck
gggggggrrrrrrrrrr

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?