Roxio problem

Chas49 10:07 03 May 2009

This is a curious one.

My Brother Laser printer is shown in the printer list in Word and Excel but, although it used to be listed in Roxio, along with the Canon IP4600 it suddenly disappeared from the list.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Roxio Creator 10 but still it is missing.

The Laser is the Default Printer and, as I say, it appears in Word and Excel.

I get the impression that this may have happened when the latest updates were downloaded but I cannot be sure of that and it may be completely coincidental.

john bunyan 10:14 03 May 2009

Not the same problem but I recently had a problem updatung Roxio Creator 2009 with their SP4 update - the installation kept stopping at a certain file. In the end I re-ran the update in safe mode, and it worked. I find Roxio always insist on a clean reinstall, and fnd that very time consuming. If you have an update downloaded it may be worth a try in safe mode. Cant think why yuor printer should be affected, though.

Chas49 10:34 03 May 2009

john bunyan

Thanks - I have Creator 2009, purchased to replace Creater 10 when I bought an HD Cancorder. Didn't know about the update though. Both programs were on the computer at the same time but not of course running at the same time.Roxio 2009 didn't show the printer either.

The program gives no indication of how to manually designate a particular printer, indeed no mention in the help files on this subject at all. Seems very strange that Word and Excel both

I'll try a restore back to an earlier date first to see if that resolves it.

Failing that then I have an Acronis Image which I will try - but only as a last resort!

Chas49 14:26 03 May 2009

The system restore did not yield a positive result so, at this moment I am restoring the image I mentioned.

Chas49 18:03 03 May 2009

The image loaded successfully. Lo and behold the Brother Laser is listed in Creator 10 - so, mission accomplished - even though it was a long wait for the very large image to transfer. 8-))

Thanks

john bunyan 19:48 03 May 2009

Glad you solved it. Like you I had Creator 10 before. I thought for a clean reinstall (ROXIO reccomended one) you had to go through a long winded reg edit etc - done this a few times! I like the programme but their tech support are hopeless . I found the Roxio community website / forum better! Incidentally why have both Creator 10 and 2009 together? JB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?