Roxio Easy Media Creator 7

piltdown 15:35 02 Feb 2006

Please can anyone help?
Windows Install tries to install the above constantly, at Start Up/When a attemting to run a programme/Everytime I click on a shortcut etc.
I have no idea where this has come from but I am requested to install the CD everytime it tries to load.The Win Install stops all e-mail from funtioning and interupts any downloads or Win updates when trying to install Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.
In Control Panel when trying to remove the Installation starts and asks me for the installation CD.
It is now unbearable and I feel like ditching my computer.
I am running Win XP Pro with ALL the usual virus guards etc.
Can any one help?

stlucia 16:49 02 Feb 2006

I had a similar problem at startup with an unwanted installation program trying to run. What I had to do was Ctrl-Alt-Del as soon as the program started running, go to Task Manager, and then End Task. Having done that, I went to Run > Msconfig, and unticked the rogue software from the Startup list.

That did it for me, but I can't guarantee it will stop it trying to run at the other times you mention. But maybe you'll then be able to uninstall it if you've got it out of the Startup list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?