Roxio Easy CD Problem

Mike D 11:17 18 Sep 2006

I recently installed a copy (legit) of Roxio (Version6) that I had in my possession, but not previously used (I had been using an old version of Nero, but this did not support writing bootable disks). The installation went fine, but the first time I tried to use it there is no recognition of my CD RW drive. I have verified that this is working OK, and Windows does show it in the explorer pane.

I cannot find any reference to this problem on the Roxio site (there was a link to a Microsoft KB article, but this did not apply in my case)

Any ideas.
Thanks
Mike

steve12345 11:57 18 Sep 2006

I also had this problem when I bought it a couple of years ago (and posted here too click here ). Went through all the support stuff and roxio forum help but couldn't get an answer to get it to work.

It just started working one day after I installed another program (Think it was VideoWave), but don't know if it had anything to do with it.

Sorry, I can't help you more.

Mike D 14:59 18 Sep 2006

Thanks Steve, I have no downloaded all the updates/patches I can find. I will give it another go when I get home.

Keep you posted.

Mike

skidzy 15:09 18 Sep 2006

Restore Missing CD/Dvd Drives

Missing cd/dvd drive
If it is showing an error code, 10, 39, etc., delete the drive.

Then follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)

1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

skidzy 15:10 18 Sep 2006

Sorry...forgot to post the rest
Reboot your computer

If in any doubt,please create a System Restore point first as you will be editing the registry.

Missing cd/dvd drives are normally associated with the removal of a cd burning programs such as Nero/Roxio etc.

Hope this helps.

Mike D 22:45 18 Sep 2006

Well, updates din't help.

Skidzy, I've just seen your posts, thankyou. i will try your suggestions tomorrow when maybe my brain will be functioning a little better.

Mike

Mike D 09:15 19 Sep 2006

Well i've looked in the registry and I find 3 Control Sets (001,002,003), so now I don't know what to do!#

Mike

Mike D 10:47 19 Sep 2006

And...
Controlset 0001 shows no filters at all
Controlset 0001 shows only Lower filters
Controlset 0003 show both upper and lower filters.

Regards form a crazy mixed up kid.

Mike

skidzy 17:57 19 Sep 2006

Controlset 0003 show both upper and lower filters.

Delete the upper and lower filters.

If in any doubt,back up the registry first.

Mike D 08:14 20 Sep 2006

skidzy

You're a genius, thanks mate, worked like a charm.

Mike

skidzy 13:38 20 Sep 2006

Glad to be of help Mike,good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?