Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum

French Chemist 16:46 21 Jul 2004

I am running 98SE with a LITE-ON LTR-48246S [CD-ROM drive]
and I am having a problem with roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum. I can form an album of photos but when I try to send them to F drive (the CD ROM) I get errors saying one of the following:- either disc full or write protected

Cannot format any discs because it says that DirectCD has no supported drive. It implies that somewhere on installing, the CD drive letter should be entered but I am never asked for it. The drivers are ok and when checked it says the CD is operating correctly.

I have totally removed and re loaded 3 times now to no avail.

Any ideas?

Ray

accord 17:26 21 Jul 2004

have you downloaded any updates/patches from click here

French Chemist 17:49 21 Jul 2004

accord,
Tried that last night and it asked for my key number. I tried the number off the back of the disc holder including the "-" it wouldn't accept it. Tried without the "-" and it still didn't recognise it. ie Y-941KQ etc and Y941KQ.

Ray

absent 18:58 21 Jul 2004

Are you able to use the other components of this suite, such as the standard writing prog (called creator classic in version 6)Can`t remember what it was in 5. Direct CD has always been problematical. Also has direct CD worked OK before, if it has have you installed any other CD progs such as Nero InCd because it and Roxio Direct Cd are incompatible.

French Chemist 19:41 21 Jul 2004

absent,

everything else seems to work. It is only when I try to save anything that everything goes pear shaped. I did load Nero but couldn't get on with it so removed it and did reg cleaning etc so no trace of it should be on my computer.

French Chemist 13:17 22 Jul 2004

BUMP^^^^^

steve12345 15:57 22 Jul 2004

You say you have a CR-ROM Drive! You need a CD-WRITER drive to write cd-r's!

Is your drive a CD-Writer or just a CD-ROM Drive?

Once you clarify this, we can help more.

steve12345 15:58 22 Jul 2004

errata :-

"CR-ROM" should be "CD-ROM" of course.
(we need an edit post feature!)

absent 17:11 22 Jul 2004

I am still not clear of your problem, can you burn with the other parts of Easy Cd Creator or is it only Direct CD. Has is ever worked, if not I would say you need the patches mentioned by Accord.

French Chemist 17:44 31 Jul 2004

Sorry folk for the VERY LONG delay in my reply. The CD problem became very small beer when the whole computer went up in smoke! Now back on line and thanks to all of you for your help. By the way the program works on the new setup. Was it a dying machine problem?

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires