Roxio CD/DVD Creator 6

Canberra100 18:24 03 Mar 2004

Greetings.

CarreraSS are currently building my new machine (exciting for me anyway) and are installing a NEC 1300A +/- 4x DVD Writer.

I would like to install the above software but when I looked at Amazon the feedback from previous buyers was very mixed, some very good others very disappointed with their purchase.

Can anyone advise whether there are any conflict issues with the new Roxio product or should I look at installing one of the previous versions that may be more stable.

Thanks in advance
Canberra100

rickf 18:29 03 Mar 2004

In many instances its down to horses for courses. I used it before but now prefer Nero. Try it and see if it suits you. It is a perfectly good piece of software.

Jester2K 18:33 03 Mar 2004

click here

Its supported by Easy CD 5.3.5.10 and above. If this means version 6 will i'm not sure...

Try the forum at click here - its really good...

Canberra100 18:56 03 Mar 2004

Thanks for the responses, I'll take a look at the links and see if they ease the pain.

Regards
Canberra100

kimosabi 22:56 04 Mar 2004

hi Canberra
I would suggest you use nero never failed me
kemo

Cook2 23:09 04 Mar 2004

Had both Easy CD CReator and Nero 5.5

Personally Nero gives me trouble free burning.

Chegs ® 23:11 04 Mar 2004

It seems as tho' loads have had problems getting the Roxio software to install correctly,often having to copy the cd to their hdd and then run the install,or alternatively having their AV create problems.I tried it,but I couldn't get it to install either,so returned to Nero(as I now know how to cure the little glitches I get whenever I install InCd)

hssutton 10:45 05 Mar 2004

Have been using ECDC 6 since it's release, used on Win98se & now XP-pro. works perfectly. Only problem was on 98se when I had 1Gb ram installed, after reducing the ram to 500Mb it worked faultlessly. No problems on installation either.
I cannot compare it with Nero, as I have never used it, but then as ECDC has always worked OK for me I see no reason for trying it.

stlucia 11:46 05 Mar 2004

I'm with hssutton -- Roxio has always worked for me, so I've recently upgraded to version 6 to burn DVDs.

ventanas 12:35 05 Mar 2004

Same here, no problems with EasyCD, used it since v4 (now on 6) Have it installed on three machines (yes I have paid three times).

hssutton. seems you discovered the memory limitations of win98 the hard way. :-))

Canberra100 16:37 05 Mar 2004

Thanks again everyone, it certainly appears you pays ya money and takes ya chance.

Many Thanks
Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires