Roxio 2010 creator Pro, Magix or Nero Reloaded 9 ?

[email protected] 10:13 01 Jan 2010

Trying to find some reliable software to take raw video or stills photos and polish it into films with effects, sound etc.
Have had Magix recommended but am also toying with the two items in the title. Any advice on ease of use, reliability on the two above and Magix?
Roxio and nero come in at £35 and £40 magix in the £25 mark.
Thanks and Happy New year!

eedcam 10:24 01 Jan 2010

Magix good support and its own forum more bells and whistles than you need. Though better still but dearer Adobe premiere Elements that has an even better user Forum I'm biased of course as I have both

[email protected] 13:35 01 Jan 2010

Thanks- Magix is sounding good, I couldn't see any reference to sound on the info though.
I wonder if there is an educational licence for Adobe, I'll have a check.
Is Adobe very complicated?
Having done more research on the other two they don't look too promising!

eedcam 18:44 01 Jan 2010

Hi it does sound fine in fact depending which one you get thee are loads off inbuilt tracks to use .Adobe do eductional I think for the expensive stuff dont know about Premeier elemnts .As to being difficult possibly more so than Magix but well worth the effort and their forum is firstclass also there is a great book written by the Two guys who are stalwarts on the forum.Which magix did you look at I have Movie editor Pro V10 though I seldom use it preferring Adobe but it does suit at times
click here

[email protected] 08:28 02 Jan 2010

Hi, I am looking at Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus & Photo and Videoshow Soundpool 6 which is £34.
Adobe premiere elements 8 is around £60.
The thing is my 11 yr old has to be able to use it as well.

[email protected] 08:52 02 Jan 2010

PS the other one that seem to be well recommended is Corel VideoStudio Pro X2 which is available at £35 at the moment.

eedcam 09:57 02 Jan 2010

Hi I think perhaps then Magix is the one to go for .At £23 at amazon cant go wrong there are a few Video tutorials on you tube give you an idea click here or more click here#
Icant speak for Corel but all editors are roughly the same some are easier to use than others but like all things not often the best

hastelloy 12:11 02 Jan 2010

I prefer Adobe Premier Elements - its very easy to use. You can download free trials - Magix click here Adobe click here. Try both ans see which you prefer.

[email protected] 12:47 03 Jan 2010

That's a great idea thank-you! I'll look for a corel trial too!

sunnystaines 12:50 03 Jan 2010

i have used magix software and was not impressed, support not helpful either,Adobe would be my choice not used it for ages but it was a good product.

chub_tor 13:45 03 Jan 2010

If you are looking to make films using photos you might want to consider Serif Movie Plus. The cheapest version availagle is version 4 click here at £20.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?