roxio

naughtydevil121 01:05 19 Mar 2005

roxio easy media creator 7

having probs recording to disc

burn to disk
no drive present

Diemmess 09:36 19 Mar 2005

Assuming everything WAS working until now?

Can you "see" the drive in My Computer?

Which Windows is your OS?

gazza38 09:54 19 Mar 2005

There have been two updates to Creator 7 since it's initial release.The first one version 430,I found to be more stable.The second update is a download of 120mb,so you would need to be on broadband,or do as I did and get a friend to download it for you.Maybe your drive will be recognised after the update.What brand/model number is your drive?

naughtydevil121 09:57 19 Mar 2005

on windows xp just downloaded update from roxio - it is now showing the drives and drag to disc is now working. whether i can copy slideshow and video on disc would be the next question

naughtydevil121 10:05 19 Mar 2005

thnx for the replies ppl - how do i get the burn button working it shows the drive and the disc but i cant click on burn - im tryin to burn a slideshow and and video clips

gazza38 10:11 19 Mar 2005

If after you have made your slideshow go to videowave.Drag the slide show into the stoyboard/timeline.You can also add mutiple music tracks and transitions (adding transitions will produce a lower quality slideshow so I don't use them).Next click on burn to disc.Here you can select a thumnail for your slide show and change the theme ETC...
The final product should play on most stand alone dvd players to view on your tv.

gazza38 10:16 19 Mar 2005

I have to sign off for now.I will check your progress later.

kyprosman 01:22 20 Mar 2005

Have same prob everytime I try to burn to disk. The only way round it is I have found is to do a repair of Roxio and then it allows you to burn to disk. Andy

john-232317 08:28 20 Mar 2005

How did you sort it ???????????????

gazza38 08:35 20 Mar 2005

Do you have any other burning software installed?
There may be a conflict.I have two different PC's,one AMD athlon system,the other pentium 4.
I have to use Roxio on one and Nero on the other.
If I install both on either of my machines certain functions of each program fail.
Although Pinnacle software seems not to conflict with either.
I had better results doing complete a uninstall /
reinstall,rather then using repair of Roxio.Run a registry cleaner after the uninstall,as some entries still remain.You could then try update 430 rather than the latest update(I had a few problems myself with the latest update).

kyprosman 14:14 20 Mar 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?