routing audio to bluetooth headphones

willyv 09:21 01 Feb 2010

hi there, i have bought some cheap bluetooth headphones (7 day shop) and a very simple dongle (deal extreme) for my wife to listen to the radio at her pc at work. She has managed to connect the dongle and phones but can't figure out how to route the audio output to bluetooth. any ideas. ta

scotty 09:46 01 Feb 2010

Is it these headphones click here ? I use these to listen to music from my pc. Surprisingly good quality sound when I got them working.
Not sure I understand the problem. The process of connecting a phone is very similar. Have you managed to "pair" the headphones to the computer? The pairing code is 0000.
My pc uses WIDCOMM software drivers for the bluetooth. Some cheap dongles use Bluesoleil drivers which I would avoid. They limit transfers to a few MB until you send them money.
The bluetooth interface should allow you to find devices in range. Select the headphones (BTS-PHF38), enter pairing code, select the service "stereo audio". When connected, the headphones automatically replace the pc's speakers for sound output.

willyv 11:19 01 Feb 2010

Yes, those are the ones. I will let her know. She is back at work on wed. Thanks for response.

garval 19:20 17 Nov 2010

Hi there,

I have a similar problem with these headphones. I have managed to have the bluetooth device recognised (it now correctly identifies my headphones and display the icon in the bluetooth devices category in control panel). However, when I click on properties and go to services, no service is shown. Any suggestions? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache