Router/Modem Without Firewall

Yo Ho 02:59 25 Mar 2006

Can someone give me a make & model of a 4port router, preferably, or a 4port modem/router without inbuilt firewall. Doesn't need to be wireless, but doesn't really matter. I have a wired setup, and I'm using a D-Link ADSL-300T modem.

ade.h 14:48 25 Mar 2006

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not just use the router with the firewall disabled?

Yo Ho 16:14 25 Mar 2006

I have a Netgear DG834GT router, and seemingly firewall cannot be disabled. If that were the case, t'would be great. I had the guy from customer support open ports, and set it for me, but the live feed will still not feed back to me, and there's no way round that. I also Have Zoom ADSLX5 router, but the same problem there.
It works fine through a standard modem without firewall, but I loose my web sharing capabilities.
All I want is a router with no firewall. Surely someone must make one, or as you suggest, one in which the firewall can be disabled.

ade.h 18:24 25 Mar 2006

I have never yet seen/worked on a router that has no firewall, not that such a thing doesn't exist. It might.

Apart from Netgear, I have never seen or worked with a router whose firewall cannot be disabled completely. Belkin, 3Com, D-Link, etc. You can probably take your pick from all the main rivals to Netgear, though the first two are my firm favourites.

Yo Ho 18:41 25 Mar 2006

Hey m8. You have brought much happiness to me. Any ideas on the Zoom X5, and out of your favs, could you suggest a model please.
Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?