Router for wired home networking

  Kuching 21:44 19 May 2004

I need a router to link the broadband cable from my NTL set-top box with my two PCs and printer. I'd like to be able to make use of the 15 meter RJ45 Cat5e UTP crossover cable which is currently connected to my second PC in another room. There are so many routers on the market that I am confused as to which is the correct one to get. Someone suggested the D-Link DI-704P. Any comments on the suitability of this or any other suggestions will be very welcome indeed.

  Strawballs 21:49 19 May 2004

I don't know to much about any particular model but I do know that if you want to use the printer from either machine without the other being switched on then you will need one with a print server built in or buy a seperate print server.

  Life's-Good 21:55 19 May 2004

a crossover cable wont be needed for a router network. You'd need straight through cables connected to both machines and then to the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?