Router will it work ??

Shutt1e 18:35 01 Nov 2006

my m8 cant connect to xbox lvie via ethernet prot on the back of his computer,as it cant find the ip adress ect, if he buys a normal adsl router will he be able to use iit as that connects to computer using ethernet and if the xbox cant find the ip adress wil the router ????

hope you can understand what i typed
thx

TomG 20:05 01 Nov 2006

I think i know what you are asking - your mate is connecting his xbox to the back of his pc and trying to connect to xbox live?? The xbox will need its own connection e.g. a belkin f5d7330 (other makes are available)

Shutt1e 21:17 01 Nov 2006

na becausei can connect to my pc using the ethernet port on the back of mycomp or is it different for different people computers

Danoh 21:35 01 Nov 2006

I would presume that you have a Cross-over Ethernet cable to enable the Xbox to share your computer's internet connection (ICS - Internet Connection Sharing).
Did someone else do the ICS configuration on your computer for you, as well as select the cross-over rather then standard Ethernet cable?

Shutt1e 21:37 01 Nov 2006

i enabled the ICS on my computer and done it on his he has a normal ehtehrnet cable but mine works with both normal ethernet and crossover could it be his ethernet port or sunkin like it doesnt accept normal ethernet cables lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?