Router problems

bilko 21:50 22 May 2008

I have a Belkin wireless router which has been working perfectly for over a year but now I cannot connect to the net as the network does not appear in the "available networks window". I have tried downpowering it and restarting it online but to no avail.I can see my neighbours networks fine but not mine.I recently uninstalled SP3 as I heard that it can cause problems. Thanks for looking.

Ashrich 22:06 22 May 2008

Have you had a look to see that the SSID is being broadcast still , type 192.168.2.1 in to the address bar of your browser and have a look in the Wireless section . Maybe a fresh software update might help , have a look at the Belkin website and see if there is a firmware update available for it , actually , try doing a full reset first ( make a note of all the settings first , you'll need to re-enter them later ) by pressing the recessed button on the back for at least 25 seconds , then make sure on release it goes through it's set up routine again and let the lights settle before accessing the set up pages and entering your details again .

Ashley.

woodchip 22:51 22 May 2008

As its picking another network up, I do not think the router is the Problem. It sounds like settings in your computer that as changed or got corrupt

Ashrich 23:02 22 May 2008

It is the laptop that is picking up other networks , not the router .....therefore the laptop works !

Ashley

woodchip 23:05 22 May 2008

Right, With Router Try reseting the Router with a Paper Clicp at the back, you will see a pin hole. You will Have to reset the router up after

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?