router problem

aine 17:46 23 Apr 2007

My ISP has suggested that my router may be throttling my BBmax, question, is this possible?, can it be solved?,if it is which would be the best one to buy?. At present, i am using a Belkin wireless G usb network adapter,belkin range extender pt noF5D7132 and a Belkin ADSL Modem with wireless g router pt noF5D7632.They have suggested to me that they will send a single port router for me to try to confirm their thoughts

Dipso 21:46 23 Apr 2007

Do you know what speed you connect at, is your actual download speed a lot slower in relation?

Is the slow speed via wired or wireless or both?

I can't see why your router would be the problem but have you tried tweaking your connection?

Try this tool click here it tells you your optimum settings and then applies them for you.

Who is your ISP? Is there any pattern to the throttling or is it at all times?

aine 17:46 26 Apr 2007

thanks Dipso for your reply, sorry the delay in answering have been in hospital.My profile in the speed test reads 2000kbps,my readings are below this. we have two PCs one wired, one wireless, both read the same speeds. My ISP is namesco I have never achieved above 2000kbps since being connected to them.I have not tried your link yet,but will Regards Aine

Dipso 14:58 27 Apr 2007

No worries...hope you are feeling better.

You say your profile is 2000 but what is your connection speed? Sounds like it could be a stuck profile...

aine 19:39 27 Apr 2007

thanks Dipso,my connection speed is around 1800kbps, Namesco has agreed to ask BT to reset my profile. Lets hope this makes a difference.

woodchip 19:44 27 Apr 2007

If it's connected by USB, it's not as fast as Ethernet wired

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?