router power adapter

delantero 21:42 06 Jan 2007

Is it possible to use the power adapter for one router with another router of a different brand? I have a belkin router purchased here in the uk which I plan to use in Spain to replace my zyxel prestige which I have been using out there. Obviously the Belkin has a British plug on it which I'd rather not take with me.
cheers!

Ashrich 21:51 06 Jan 2007

Only if it meets the correct criteria for the other router , like ...voltage , ampage , polarity , etc. or just use an adapter from British plug to continental ...

Ashley

delantero 01:15 07 Jan 2007

Thanks for the reply. I really just want to avoid taking it over with me as its pretty heavy.

Batch 11:33 07 Jan 2007

Just to clarify, its the voltage, ampage and polarity of the output that needs to be compatible (as well as the input - which would be in Europe).

With the polarity you'd need to check that the +ve and -ve assignments for the inner and outer sleeve of the small "plug" that goes into the router itself are the same way round (they aren't always) and that the plug is the same size.

delantero 16:51 07 Jan 2007

ok, can't check that til I get back to Spain. May as well take it with me. Thanks for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?