Router port forwarding help needed...

creatip 20:59 15 Mar 2014

Hi everybody. This is my first time posting here.

I'm playing an online game called 'warframe'. To play it properly, I have to forward the 80, 443, 3960, and 3962 ports. I'm using ZTE MF90 modem/router (modem with integrated router), on windows XP SP3. I tried the instructions I can find on the internet, but still failed. This is what I did:

• First, I set up a static IP for my PC at 192.168.1.168, from the LAN adapter properties. I confirmed this by ipconfig.

• Then, I set up the port mapping/forwarding on my router, forwarding the 4 ports needed. UPNP and DMZ enabled. Restarted the modem.

click here When I tried checking the ports with online port checker applications, it say that it can't ping my PC, and the ports are closed. I tried pinging my PC from the command module (ping to the IP read by the online port checker), and it's good.

What did I did wrong?

Thank you in advance

-

Bris 19:48 19 Mar 2014

Although you have set up your router for port forwarding it seems that your software firewall (different from your router firewall) is preventing incoming traffic.

Try turning it off temporarily to see if that cures the problem, if it does then you need to configure it to allow UDP UPnP.

See here

If you ping an address on your private network from a device such as a PC also on your private network then you will get a response.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?