Router Netgear

Astrix 19:48 10 Dec 2006

my netgear modem router connected to PC with a cable RJ45. But Windows doesn't dtect it & small 2 computer wich appear on rigt hand side of the task bar all ways stay with a cross. I tested with another machine. It work. i checked services. But every thing is fine. Pls help.
Antivirus bitdifender but firwall disactivate

skidzy 19:53 10 Dec 2006

Have you checked Device manager

Start/Rightclick My Computer/hardware/device Manager

Any yellow exclaimation marks ?

Eric10 19:56 10 Dec 2006

If everything is okay in Device Manager right-click on the icon in the notification area and see if it is Disabled or try a Repair from the same menu.

Astrix 20:04 10 Dec 2006

Thanks so much for quick replies. Ofcourse yes I checked divice manager. Drivers are OK. Allso I disconnted & reconnected. But it does nothing.

skidzy 20:05 10 Dec 2006

Silly question maybe,but have you tried resetting the router/plug the rj45 in and reboot ?

Astrix 20:10 10 Dec 2006

yes, I did. Infact I chacked with another PC. It work fine. Allso I change cables & pci port

skidzy 20:15 10 Dec 2006

So you are saying its installed ok,and shows the drivers are installed.

Have you disabled the firewall ?

skidzy 20:15 10 Dec 2006

Sorry just read the post again regarding the firewall

skidzy 20:16 10 Dec 2006

Can you tell us the make/model of the router

bof:) 20:16 10 Dec 2006

Hi Astrix, have you looked in control panel/network connections to check your wireless internet icon is there? If it is, right click it go to properties and highlightInternet Protocol (TCP/IP)and click on the properties button.

Are both obtain IP address and obtain DNS server set to automatic? If not set them as this.

Mike

Astrix 20:23 10 Dec 2006

skidy, yes divice drivers are correctly installed. Modle Netgear DG834G.
Bof,
Yes IP adres. & DNS auto.
There is no wireless divice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?