Router info

Bike-it 19:06 28 Sep 2010

i want to put my wireless router a Billion 7800N in the loft, would it be okay to put the router on a timer plug so i dont have to keep going up and down to the loft to turn it off and on?

sunnystaines 19:08 28 Sep 2010

if its on security enabled settings why not leave it on?

Can't see any problem leaving it permanently ON, but at the same time a timer should be OK provided you don't need to use it when it's OFF!

Bike-it 19:50 28 Sep 2010

It is on security enabled settings, but if i was to leave the router on all the time would it overheat eventually?

I'm personally not qualified to advise you on overheating, but I would seriously doubt that this could be a problem, however with all electrical devices there can be risks.

Just as an afterthought, why on earth would you put the router in the loft? if it develops a fault you will not be able to see the lights and if you use a helpline they are going to ask you which lights are on or off or flashing!

Bike-it 20:14 28 Sep 2010

i only have two telephone sockets in the house one in the kitchen the other in the loft, and you are not recommended to put a router near a microwave oven.

An extension cable can be bought from a local "Pound Shop" or if you have to get it from somewhere else about £2.99 but only if the wife agrees to the cabling!! lol

Bike-it 20:24 28 Sep 2010

You know my wife so well.

Innit always the way!

Suggest putting the Microwave in the loft!! LOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?