Router dropping out

Allan RISC OS user 15:45 21 Jan 2009

Thomson SpeedTouch 585 v6
Windows XP Home SP3
ISP Tiscali

Over the past year whilst using Ancestry, and searching their data base and clicking to get the next page in a search the Router lights all go out and a "LAN Cable disconnected" message is seen on screen and the Router goes through its start up and will re connect in about 15 seconds. However, today I have experienced the above each time I have asked for the next page in the results list of a search, making it impossible to effectively use the site. I have before and after the problem started checked my connection speed which for my area is very good (2.4Mbps) and I have not had any other problems with other web sites.

I have not had any feedback from Ancestry, and the ISP information does not really help.

Yes, I am using a filter on each extension, and have the Router connected to the NTE5 via a filter. The phone line is good (no noise).

Any thoughts please.

oldbeefer2 18:15 21 Jan 2009

Is it only on the Ancestry site that this happens? If it doesn't when downloading from other sites, then I don't see how it can be caused by a problem with your equipment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?