router cannot find network address

locopato 14:37 25 Feb 2010

please help!!
I am useless with technology, for some reason last night my computer disconnected from the router, my lodgers mac laptop disconnected too, on my samsung netbook the small comp icon at bottom left has a yellow dot sort of flashing along it, on the lodgers it says his password is wrong, niether of us done anything to the router, it seems to have just happened, I turned everything off this morning for a couple of minutes but was the same when i turned it back on,,,, it is working fine throught the router when attached with cable, when i click the small computer icon at bottom right of screen it says excellent signal strength but says aquiring network address. does anybody have any ideas that might solve my problem?? would be bloody marvelous x

rawprawn 16:22 25 Feb 2010

Try Resetting the router, this should give you factory settings, then go to your routers home page and reset the password and settings.
You didn't say who your provider is.

rawprawn 16:24 25 Feb 2010

If there isn't a Reset Button on the router, there is usually a small hole into which you can push a ballpoint tip, or similar to reset it.

locopato 17:02 25 Feb 2010

thanks am trying now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?