router

lisaken 19:43 09 May 2010

hi,ive just connected my wireless router to my laptop all the lights are on but when i go to connect to the net it just keeps sayin lookin for wireless network please help me

lisaken 20:01 09 May 2010

someone help me

johnnyrocker 20:11 09 May 2010

might be a silly question but have you set the router up?

johnny

tullie 20:12 09 May 2010

Have you initially connected it wired so that it finds your network,and have you switched on the wireless on the laptop?

mgmcc 20:40 09 May 2010

Have you previously connected the Laptop to the Router?

If so, go into the Properties of the "wireless network" and make sure the option to connect even if the router isn't broadcasting its SSID has been enabled. This should get around the problem of the adapter not finding the network, even if it is actually broadcasting.

lisaken 17:17 10 May 2010

iv had the laptop connected through the wire to the router,how do i set up the router,and also how do i check if my wireless is on

stlucia 17:34 10 May 2010

What router have you got? I've just installed my first wireless router, and it comes with its own setup program which makes setting up a doddle -- if you understand what all the terms mean.

With mine (a Netgear) among other things you can do in the setup program is set wireless on or off, and set different levels of security. Part of the security is that you can set it so that it won't let anything connect wirelessly unless they've been given specific access permission.

lisaken 18:11 10 May 2010

Its a netgear wg111v2 is that any help

lisaken 18:22 10 May 2010

It came with a virgin cd about setting it up to go wireless please help

lisaken 18:38 10 May 2010

Anybody help its drivin me mad !!

stlucia 19:16 10 May 2010

Did you run the setup program from the Virgin CD? If my setup was anything to go by, you run the CD before you plug in or power-up the router, and then the setup program will tell you what to do step by step.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?