Rotating multiple images in Paintshopshop pro

dotterel 19:13 22 Sep 2003

I have 120 images that I want to turn through ninety degrees clockwise. I cannot find a way of doing this except by opening each one and using the "rotate image" from the toolbar. Does anyone know a way to do them as a batch in this program?

Megatyte 19:23 22 Sep 2003

I don't think it's possible. You could always turn your monitor on it's side..

;o)

AH

MAJ 19:26 22 Sep 2003

Which operating system are you using, dotterel? I'm using XP Pro and I have the option on right click to rotate as many images as I select in a folder, at once.

Pesala 19:45 22 Sep 2003

It is a much better program, and free. Jobs like this are a breeze in Irfan View, but a real pain in the butt with full-blown photo-editing programs.

Use the batch conversion, advanced options. Takes about 1 minute I should think, unless they are enormous pictures.

hssutton 20:05 22 Sep 2003

PSP, is a program that I'm not used to, but I think you can create a "Script" this is called an "action" in Photoshop. full details for creating a "Script" can be found in the help file.
If no one can tell you exactly how this is done, or you cannot work it out from "Help". Post a message to this affect and I will have a go at it later tonight.

Harry

hssutton 21:43 22 Sep 2003

dotterel. As a test I created a "Action" in Photoshop, I found it was taking almost 45 secs per image, doing the rotation manually takes just 15 secs. So I decided it was not worth the effort trying to create a "Script" for PSP.

Harry

MAJ 21:48 22 Sep 2003

As Pesala says, use Irfanview. click here

dotterel 19:19 24 Sep 2003

Megatyte
Funny you should say that! It does seem to be impossible to do this type of batch conversion in Paintshop pro. And yes - I can rotate my monitor, because I've just got a TFT (Philips) with a pivot facility - it's wonderful. ;o)

hssutton aka Harry
Thanks for trying out the "script" function. I could not find anything similar in Paintshop.

Maj
I'm using Win98, but thanks for the suggestion. These photos are to go to someone else's system.

Maj & Pesala
Thanks for suggesting Irfanview. I've downloaded it and it works a treat. Problem solved.

Thanks to everybody who responded.

Dotterel

Pesala 07:41 25 Sep 2003

Just what I need for reading smileys :) I always found them hard to understand until I learnt that you have to turn your head on its side. :(

If you're new to Irfan View click here to see a few notes I put together about the program. Though it is a tiny program, it has incredible power, way beyond the obvious functions like converting and resizing images.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone