Rosetta Stone

luiz1964 13:35 26 Feb 2008

Hi,
After installing Rosetta Stone, I can successfully create a username, but the Language Level box is blank so I cannot start using the sofware.
I am keeping the installation in the DVD drive.

Has anyone having the same problem?

Thank you

luiz1964

Wakki 21:07 26 Mar 2008

Hi Luiz, After searching through this site, I have discovered that the Rosetta Stone offered and advertised as a full program was nothing of the sort, it was just a Demo, and to advertise it as a "full program" was a "mistake" on the part of the magazine.
They (PC Advisor) apologised because they got it mixed up with a previous offer! Having read the previous thread I can say that PC Advisor were seriously misleading about the Rosetta Stone program offered and made little in the way of apology and made no effort on their part to correct their mistake. Incredibly poor customer service and reduces my faith in their ability to deliver a worthwhile magazine.

ACOLYTE 21:23 26 Mar 2008

One mistake doesn't effect there ability to deliver a worthwhile magazine,i have subscribed to PC mag for over 6 years and it has always been informative and well worth the purchase price.

As for the software if you have any complaint i am sure they(Pc advisor) would be only to happy to hear it.
Just my 2 pence worth.

luiz1964 22:07 26 Mar 2008

I wrote the Editor. He initially replied to my email, but then I never heard from them again.

I wrote to the Rosetta Customer Service and they promised a new CD which has not arrived yet.

With all this I lost my trust in the PC Advisor magazine.

luiz1964

Stuartli 23:14 26 Mar 2008

Bit over the top to "lose trust" because of what was probably not PC Advisor's fault in the first place (faulty DVD) or RS's promise still remaining unfulfilled.

Did the RS Customer Service staff write back to you?

luiz1964 00:09 28 Mar 2008

I am still waiting for the Rosetta Stone DVD.

I feel disappointed with PC Advisor. PC Advisor published a DVD with a faulty software and I think they should put it right by republishing the software or making available a free internet downloadable version.

Let us wait and see.

luiz1964

Stuartli 00:10 28 Mar 2008

I note you didn't answer my question.

luiz1964 12:32 28 Mar 2008

Yes, Rosetta Stone replied to my email. They promised me a new DVD which has not arrived yet. I hope this answers your question.
luiz1964

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?