Roommates game lags when I am online with my laptop

jan1661 11:37 13 Jun 2014

We have a problem:

I have a new Asus N56JN-CN039H with Win8.1 (My previous laptop was also an Asus N56-something). My roommate has an MAC-book pro.

When he is gaming (LoL), he does not experience any problems, until I come home and connect my laptop to internet a floor higher. His ping suddenly begins to pike from the normal value (around 30) to high pikes (over 500).

An other roommate in the room next to the guy with the MAC doesn't experience any problems with his Win_7 Asus something.

We tried to find out why his ping suddenly rises everytime I am online. When I am with my laptop in his room, the pikes become much less frequent and the problem seems solved, but as soon as i go to my own room a floor higher the problem start all over again.

We tried to find out if Onedrive-Dropbox-Google Drive-Spotify-Outlook(agenda,office365-mail) had any influence but we simply do not know.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

What other information do you need?

jan1661 11:53 13 Jun 2014

Both gaming friends do their gaming wired, so it is not their wifi. I do Use wifi.

jan1661 11:53 13 Jun 2014

Both gaming friends do their gaming wired, so it is not their wifi. I do Use wifi.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone