Rollback Office 2003 to Office XP

gusfoe 14:19 09 Mar 2006

Hi, I have been using Office XP for some time and recently upgraded/installed Office 2003. I would like to rollback to Office XP.
Can anyone advise how to do this and any problems i may encounter?
i have the installation discs of both products.
Many Thanks

absent 15:31 09 Mar 2006

Do you have a system restore point from before the upgrade?. Failing that I would uninstall 2003 & reinstall office XP.

gusfoe 17:20 09 Mar 2006

Thanks for your reply.
I tried a system restore but i then encounter an error message. The message is headed "Windows Installer" and advises that:
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package '511974.MAINSP3op.msp' in the box below."

It is trying to find a file at:
C:\Program Files\OfficeUpdate11\Cabs\511974
If it is not possible to rollback via a system restore could i simply uninstall Office 2003 and install Office XP? If so, do i need to back up any documents or settings or will i lose all my emails, letters etc?
Many Thanks

absent 17:39 09 Mar 2006

IF you use Outlook from the office package for your email you need to back up your emails and address book. If you use Outlook express no need to worry as this is not part of the office package.

absent 17:41 09 Mar 2006

IF you use Outlook from the office package for your email you need to back up your emails and address book. If you use Outlook express no need to worry as this is not part of the office package.

mike1967 18:59 09 Mar 2006

Why do you need to go back to office xp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?