Roing's Engine

tobykim 15:03 28 Mar 2004

For some reason I seem to have aquired this for where goodness knows, I think I've managed to get rid of it from the registry I've run Spybot etc and got rid of all the registry entries however it's still appearing in the add/remove programmes how can I get rid of it from there, I don't want to keep clicking on it incase it re-installs, if I do click on it nothing happens it's really annoying me now I'm running XP by the way

VoG II 15:07 28 Mar 2004

According to click here Ad-aware removes it. Download from click here , update it and scan.

tobykim 15:49 28 Mar 2004

Thanks I downloaded Ad Aware and it got rid of 56 entries Roings is still in my add/remove although it has no value anymore is there anyway I can delete it from there, clicking remove doesn't work

woodchip 15:55 28 Mar 2004

Copy exact what it says in Add Remove and go to start\run type regedit go to edit in the menu click find and put the item you wrote down exact as it shows in the above click enter key delete what it finds then press F3 as there may be more than one entry untill you get to the end of registry

Graham ® 15:58 28 Mar 2004

According to click here Spybot S&D should shift it.

tobykim 16:07 28 Mar 2004

Spybot didn't shift it I ran that this morning and it said I was clear ran ad-aware and it found 56 entries also running up to date spyblaster and that let it through

tobykim 16:11 28 Mar 2004

Crikey I cant find edit in the regedit where about is it my eyes are going funny

Graham ® 16:11 28 Mar 2004

Someone may correct me on this, is it possible it is in System Restore where the Spyware systems can't reach?

Graham ® 16:13 28 Mar 2004

Edit - top left, next to File.

tobykim 16:35 28 Mar 2004

Thanks a lot everyone I finally got rid of it after hours of trying Beware everyone nothing seems to stop it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?