Rogue Forum Editors

ShalafiStudios 14:13 24 Mar 2006

A recent post I placed on the speaker's corner attracted a torrent of personal off-topic abuse. The post was not deleted as it was the Forum Editor who led the attack.

I ask, how do I report a rogue Forum Editor like this? Who was the editor at the time of the Post?

BTW My post was titled 'Boff's thoughts on AI' in the Speaker's Corner forum.

GroupFC 14:30 24 Mar 2006

You have an interesting concept of off-topic abuse.

I have just scanned through your post in speakers corner where you admitted yourself that your original post were "ramblings". I can't see that the FE's post was abusive, rather commentary on your original post.

To answer your specific question there is only one (as far as I'm aware) F.E. As to how you report him (to whom do you wish to report him and for what?), I'm afraid I don't know.

rmcqua 14:33 24 Mar 2006

If you don't appreciate the forum, its (in my opinion) scrupulously fair Editor, its rules and the facilities it offers, why not go elsewhere? We'll probably manage without your stimulating input.

Monument 14:46 24 Mar 2006

If you feel you need to complain I assume the Online Editor, Will Head, is probably the person to contact.

But don't you think you are being a touch sensitive. Just put it down to experience and move on.

Genius1 15:02 24 Mar 2006

Yes, I also feel that ShalafiStudios is being a bit oversensitive. However, sarcastic inputs from other users (such as those posted in Speakers Corner) do not help to make the situation any better.

Genius1 15:04 24 Mar 2006

Personally, I think that this topic is now just a waste of time. Why don't we all do what we registered with PCAdvisor to do and either help fellow users or ask questions ourselves?

Pine Man 18:35 24 Mar 2006

By raising this subject on this forum and directing readers to your previous thread in Speakers Corner you are now exposing youself to even wider ridicule.

octal 18:54 24 Mar 2006

I've read some of the post and some of the poster's do come across as brusque. I didn't get the impression they meant anything rude, its just their.....what shall we say.....forthright style of writing. I find it best to ignore post like that and move on, life is too short to worry about it.

I wish I could write in French as well as you can in English!

woodchip 18:57 24 Mar 2006

One good reason I do not go into chat rooms.

Forum Editor 19:12 24 Mar 2006

You could try contacting me if you like - I'm the Forum Editor in question, in fact I'm the only Forum Editor.

Your assertion that I "...led the attack" is as foolish as your original thread was self-indulgent. Someone who tells the world at large that "pondering greater things is my forte" is inviting a fairly robust response quite frankly, and that's precisely what you got - not just from me, either.

I put it to you that the real cause of your discontent is that your thread didn't attract the positive response you had hoped for, and by posting this thread you're reinforcing my earlier impression, that of someone who has a fairly hefty ego.

I suggest that you let the world take a turn or ten, and reflect on the fact that nothing too terrible has happened - a few people in a web forum reacted negatively to your pet project, it's hardly the end of the world.

Pine Man 20:26 24 Mar 2006

Time to retire - gracefully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone