RocketDock

chub_tor 17:23 27 Jul 2009

Having seen this programme on one of the earlier threads I have downloaded and installed it and it seems pretty good but I have one problem with it that I would like some help with.

I have always had a folder on my desktop called Utilities inside which are shortcuts to all the programmes that I use for cleaning up such as CCleaner, AdAware, Auslogics Defrag etc.

When the folder is on the desktop I can double click it to open it and then start any programme, however if I put that folder onto the RocketDock if I click on it I get asked which programme I want to use to open the folder. I have played with a few of the RocketDock settings but so far have not solved this niggling problem. Any RocketDock users know how to fix it?

chub_tor 18:57 27 Jul 2009

OK I seem to have sorted it out on my own; it appears that as soon as I sent the original folder into the Recycle Bin the icon on the RocketDock had nothing to look for (I presumed that the RocketDock icon was actually holding folders and not shortcuts). As soon as found a new place to store the actual folder and pointed RocketDock at it then all was well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?