Robbo

Robbo99 09:39 10 Dec 2006

I have Acronis Disk Director and
Ttrue Image9.
I have 2 internal disk drive 1 is partitioned as C: and D: 2 drive is partitioned E: and J: I also have external drive H:
I tried to restore my C: and found that Disk Director had rearanged all my disk Letters and and put Windows on my E Drive. I can't uninstall Director because windows is all haywire and nothing comes up in control panel. I am using my duel boot to Type this which as also a different drive letter but this isn't a problem. Iwant my C drive back and everything to back to normal
I hope this is understanable.
Robbo

Technotiger 10:07 10 Dec 2006

Hi, it looks as if your no.2 drive is set as Master, with your no.1 drive set as Slave. If this is the case, you should switch of pc completely and reset jumpers (Master/Slave) to match what you want.

Technotiger 10:10 10 Dec 2006

PS - you would get more response if you had quoted part of your actual problem as the heading for this Post - 'Robbo' means absolutely nothing pc-wise!

Robbo99 10:10 10 Dec 2006

worked okay for 2 years Disks never been changed

Technotiger 10:14 10 Dec 2006

Hmmm, maybe you have picked up a nastie somewhere along the line - a good precaution would be to run your anti-Everything programs, and keep you fingers crossed.

Also run RegScrub ... click here

Robbo99 10:15 10 Dec 2006

Can I change the heading?

Technotiger 10:15 10 Dec 2006

PS - don't be surprised if RegScrub finds hundreds of problems - let it fix them all.

Technotiger 10:18 10 Dec 2006

The only way to change heading is to do a re-post - you should then mark this post with the Green tick, that way people will go to your new Post. After you have opened another Post, correctly headed, you could then put *this* Post as a Link (click here) in your new post - that way everyone will have the full picture.

Cheers and Good luck.

Technotiger 10:26 10 Dec 2006

Suggestion for New Post Title

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?