Ripple effect on the laptop screen.

  Daibus 08:36 06 Mar 2007

I have noticed that on my fairly new HP DV2000 series laptop there is a ripple effect on a certain part of the screen even if the laptop is only gently shaken.

It is especially noticable when the Desktop is being displayed and was wondering if I should return the laptop as should I consider that there is a fault with the screen which may get worse? The laptop has never been dropped or mishandled in any way and apart from this fault it is an excellent screen.

Appreciate your opinion.

  birdface 09:55 06 Mar 2007

Hi, Its nothing to do with desktop ripple,Have a look at Control panel,Display,Desktop,And scroll down to Ripple,Or maybe yours is set to ripple,You can change it to whatever one you want,

  2neat 10:10 06 Mar 2007


  Daibus 14:14 06 Mar 2007

Many thanks for your reply but I guess that you may be referring to a particular screensaver.

The ripple effect occurs on a very small portion of the screen, no matter what page is selected and is especially visible on any dark sections but the ripple is always in the same place, be it a small area.

Cheers again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?