The Right Router ?:O

Jon =D 14:20 03 Mar 2008

Help Please!

I am looking for some help on this ... I am about to move in with my girl friend and don’t want to go in and change her broadband service or anything so I’m thinking of getting an wireless router and I’m wondering will it work as fast as the one I have in my home that I got with my BT broadband service, and how would I connect this properly and not do anything so change her broadband service.

click here

^ I was thinking of buying one of them and could anyone tell me how I would connect it to her broadband service, I think her service is Ntl or Virgin. or does anyone know of an better router for having one or 2 pc’s wirelessly connected, 2 pc just plugged into an Ethernet connection and an Xbox 360 wirelessly connected and still have a good connection playing my Xbox 360 online with my computers all on the internet as swell.
Thank you if you take the time to help me on this.

Jon =D 14:29 03 Mar 2008

i might Get That One > click here < looks like it would do alright with a xbox 360 online wirelessly and a computer online wirelessly and 2 computers pluged into an eathernet port:O but if anyone knows of an better one or a cheeper one thet would still do a very good conection then please let me know :)

Ashrich 17:53 03 Mar 2008

A wireless " N " router is fine , but to get the full effect you will need to get the correct adapters for all PC's concerned , which would be expensive , and will only be of use when transferring large files between PC's , better to save your money for now and get a good reliable wireless " G " router . It is unlikely that you will need all the speed the N can bring , it would future proof your set up for when modem speeds increase ( bearing in mind this IS the Uk ! ) in which case I would personally plump for the D-LINK DIR-655 Extreme , far more reliable and with a better firmware ( my opinion only ) .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?