Right-click failing in IE7

Rayspan 23:59 22 Dec 2006

Having accepted MS Auto D/L of IE7, I have a particular grumble with it.

'Right-click/open in new window' operates correctly for a while, (e.g. while browsing e-bay, or BBC news page) then suddenly ceases to work.

Even exiting the program and re-opening it does not cure the problem, right-click won't even open the 'drop-down.'

The only work-around I have found is to re-start XP-home - a right pain in the elbow.

Can anyone comment please?

And a Merry Xmas & HNY to all.

brundle 00:12 23 Dec 2006

Have you tried a system file scan?
click here

Rayspan 01:26 23 Dec 2006

Yes I have . . . although I don't think that's going to help. The fault is clearly a dysfunction of IE7 - it never happened with IE6 - and IE7 isn't on my XP/SP2 system disk, which is what scannow checks against.

birdface 01:51 23 Dec 2006

Same problem.click here

anchor 12:02 23 Dec 2006

It certainly appears that quite a number of users are having problems with IE7.

I am sticking with IE6 until the snags have been resolved.

skidzy 12:06 23 Dec 2006

Yes it is a common problem,i have this on one of my machines.Workaround is to press the mouse scroll wheel..this works for me and opens in a new tab.Maybe this will work for you.

Maybe a roll back to IE6 and a reinstallation of IE7 may help.

Rayspan 20:57 23 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm as convinced as you are that IE7 isn't quite as well done as it should be. They took this Turkey out of the oven before it was cooked.

Ah well, I expect MS will get around to fixing it eventually, so I'll click on the resolved box even though I'm not sure that it is.

Paul M 21:44 23 Dec 2006

Go to Control panel, add/remove programs and remove/uninstall IE7- it will automatically revert to IE6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?