Right-click doesn't work.

palinka 10:25 10 May 2008

This was part of a post for several problems with a laptop, click here but though all the other problems are solved this one remains, so I'm starting this as a separate issue.

Toshiba laptop, "Satellite 1000-Z2". OS is XP.
No AV installed; and only SP1 installed. At present there is no internet connection, either. I can deal with those issues.
The problem is that right-click does not work, and it doesn’t matter where or what you right click – instead of producing a menu, a small window appears (measures 1.5 inches by 1 inch approx) that looks like the top right corner of any window .

There is a blue bar at the top with the name Easy Launcher – though the last 2 letters (er) are not visible – as if the window hasn’t opened properly. It has a Close cross, a Microsoft “flag”, a minimize icon, another cross, and an icon of someone escaping. Only two of these do anything: the Close cross closes and the flag opens the Start menu. In other words it’s a useless bit of kit. I assumed it was malware, but scans with a2; Ccleaner; etc, show nothing.

I don’t mind that it doesn’t do anything, what does give me problems is that I can’t right click; so, eg, how can I send anything to a flash drive? Or to burn something to a CD?

I’ve scanned the entire system with various anti-malware. They show nothing. Add/Remove programs doesn’t show Easy Launcher.

Umpteen Easy Launcher references in Google, but none that fits this one.

Can anyone suggest a solution, please?

VoG II 10:50 10 May 2008

Try running click here and disable Easy Launcher.

palinka 13:04 10 May 2008

thanks for that, VoG™. And I found the touchpad was set to use it on a right click, instead of menus - and I hadn't noticed that! Could have saved myself a lot of time if I'd done that earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?