Right angle USB adaptor!

  wotbus@ 09:08 08 Nov 2004

General question. My PC tower looks naff and untidy with 2 USB cables stuck out the front (why do manufacturers put sockets there?). I know its possible to buy for mains,TV antenna and other apparatus, right angled connectors which go a long way towards tidying leads IE out and down or out and right or left. Does anyone know if such a thing exists for USB connections?

  TomJerry 09:49 08 Nov 2004

front usb ports are there for temp use, such as plug in usb memory stick etc. They are not meant for fixed connection. It is unfair to blame manufacturs if you run out ports on the back. You can easily add another PCI card for giving you more usb port on the back.

You can get a five ports usb adaptor card for £7 click here

  wotbus@ 10:54 08 Nov 2004

Yes of course you are right. I even overlooked the number of times I temporarily connect my camera [without the nause of crawling under the desk amongst the plethora of leads which exist there!]. I did'nt blame the manufacturer; just raised the question which I myself answered the same second I placed the post ;-). Of course there is a need for a couble of USB ports on the front for temporary use but perhaps with 4 on the rear which are most certainly taken up in most cases with printer/scanner/mouse/keyboard, maybe there is a need for a couple more right from the start! Thanks for the tip on the "extra's" card and I agree this would negate the need for tidying semi-permanent leads on the tower front.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?