Rewritable CDs

As a Christmas present I requested some rewritable CDs.The CDs which have been bought for me are CD-R.Will these do the job as I am not conversant with the properties of the various kinds of CDs?

PO79 12:13 25 Dec 2008

I think you will find they are write once and not re-writable.

MAT ALAN 12:22 25 Dec 2008

click here

They are not rewritable in the exact sense of the word, they can be used in a multi-session format within something like Nero, which means you can write more than once to them but not take anything off and start again, the link will help...

Have a cool yule dude...

crosstrainer 13:25 25 Dec 2008

The disks you need are designated CD RW or DVD RW, the ones you have will only write once, and cannot be erased to start again.

€dstowe 13:42 25 Dec 2008

Personally, I would be more pleased with the ones you have been given rather than rewritables.

CDRW (DVDRW) are, in my opinion, a complete waste of time and so unreliable in losing the data on them that I wouldn't even use one for a shopping list - most certainly not anything important.

crosstrainer 13:45 25 Dec 2008

To a certain extent, I agree, and with the advent of large external hdd's, do we really have a use for RW's anymore? I only buy dual layer's for special compilations, and they are write once only anyway.

Stuartli 15:25 25 Dec 2008

You can use CD/DVD-Rs in multisession mode until they are full, as stated; it's also correct about RW disks, as they are not as reflective as -R disks and can prove difficult for some drives to read.

Nero and Roxio both provide multisession mode, but it's important to Save the Folder after each multisession mode burning session.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?