Revo Uninstaller

Tony W. 09:42 30 Dec 2008

I used Revo to uninstall(discovered courtesy of Technotiger) Adobe Photoshop Elements photo editing program and selected the moderate option.

When it finished out of interest I went back and selected the advanced option it took some time to complete but it found an additional 4000 plus entries.

It seemed too many so I cancelled and closed down the program.

Because I want to update my version of Elements I am now wondering if it would be a good idea reinstall my old version.And then uninstall again but this time use the advance removal option.

Also when removing future programs with Revo is the advanced mode safe to use I know it takes longer but that does not bother me.

As always any advice very much appreciated many thanks.

Tony W.

Technotiger 09:47 30 Dec 2008

Thanks for your Acknowledgement .... I use Revo for all my un-installing, but I only ever use the default settings. I have never used the Advanced settings and I have never had any problems with it. With many programs, I am of the opinion that it is best to just use the Default settings - Acronis True Image being another example of using anything other than the Defaults can, and often does, create problems.

Tony W. 10:06 30 Dec 2008

Dear Technotiger

Thanks for your reply( pleased it was you).As you advise I will stick with the default options when using the Revo program in the future.

Thanks again for your quick response best wishes Tony.W.

birdface 10:13 30 Dec 2008

Hi.I used it as well and was not impressed with it.[probably doing it wrong]But I removed a couple of programs with it and just to be curious after removing them I went to search and typed in the name of the program that I had just deleted and there was lots of bits and pieces still there that I had to delete manually.Is this normal or just me not deleting them properly in the first place.

Technotiger 10:22 30 Dec 2008

Hi, possibly not doing it right -

When using Revo simply highlight the program to be removed and then click on Uninstall. When you are asked if you want to re-start your computer now, DO NOT, let Revo continue. When you are given the option to Select All and to Delete, DO SO. After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

IHMO it is not necessary to make any adjustments to the default settings - as I said earlier, doing it this way, has never caused me any problems whatsoever.

Technotiger 10:25 30 Dec 2008

.... this might not be interpreted exactly as I intended, so ....

computer now, DO NOT. Let Revo continue .... etc

birdface 11:03 30 Dec 2008

Ok.Thanks for the update.Thats probably where I went wrong.I have removed it it.But at least I will be able to use it properly now if I have to download it again.Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?