Returning tech

Inigo 21:17 07 Apr 2003

I bought a Bluetake Wireless Network from Maplins a couple of months back, on one of their promptions. I haven't been able to get it to work with any decent kind of range at all - once I got it to work with a range of about 10m, but then I restarted and it went back to a couple of metres. On the whole, I get a range of about 1m from the networks.

My question: as I can't get them working, would I be able to take them back and get a refund, even after this amount of time? Or have I left it too late?

Jackieanne 22:19 07 Apr 2003

I don't know exactly what you mean but that doesn't matter as whatever you buy from wherever should be fit for what it is supposed to do. I've returned things after more than THREE months & got either an exchange or a refund. I don't know what Mapins policy is but I'd try - after all 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'

woodchip 22:28 07 Apr 2003

Bluetake or could be Bluetooth even

Inigo 23:39 07 Apr 2003

Nope, meant Bluetake not Bluetooth. It's an 802.11b wireless network thing. Will take back and complain next time I'm near the Maplins store, thanks.

Pauper 23:52 07 Apr 2003

Is there anything here that can help - drivers etc click here

Inigo 13:36 08 Apr 2003

Have tried the latest drivers, followed the installation guides, emailed them for help, etc. All with no luck. Am currently waiting for them to reply to my latest email; maybe that will be able to say something new, but it's likely they'll just quote something not so useful at me instead...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?