Returned message is all joined together

Chattyone2 17:25 03 Sep 2004

A friend of mine who iuses Hotmail for their emails has a problem. Whenever they forward a message it arrives all joined up for example:

When forwarding this message:

Baa Baa Black Sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir three bags full

It arrives as :

Baa Baaa Black Sheep>Have you any wool?>yes sir,yes sirthree bags full>

As you can imagine trying to read a couple of paragraphs like this is very wearing.

Any ideas what might be the problem...why does it not remain in three lines rather than arrive in one..

wee eddie 17:37 03 Sep 2004

I know that if you reply to a message. Your reply is at the top.

yours eddie

Then:-

The original message remains below it. With all formatting removed to reduce the space taken up.

Chattyone2 18:27 03 Sep 2004

when I send a test mesage to my hotmail address and then forwarded it back again that was fine ..with the > at the begining of each line but the massage was in paragraphs and not all together...here is another example to look at:

Recipient:;> >Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:32:29 +0100 > > > Subject: Men >Q: What should you do if you see your ex-husband rolling around in pain > on the ground? > A: Shoot him again. > >Q: How can you tell when a man is well-hung? >A: When you can just barely slip your finger in between his neck and > the noose. > >Q: Why do little boys whine? > A: They're practicing to be men. > >
This was sent out with each Q and A on a separate line

wee eddie 10:46 04 Sep 2004

It's just removed the formatting, I believe that it has been turned to "html".

My writing that is a guess, but someone will now give you the correct answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone