Retrieving photo's from SDHC card

Trepan 19:30 08 Jan 2014

After many aborted attempts to retrieve some 475 photos from an 8gb sdhc card which has become (?)corrupted I have downloaded the free demo version of ZAR 9.2 as recommended in this publication and it has now been running for 5.5hrs completing just 39% of the scan "Volume analysis" and all the signs on the "Volume Map" are in red = "Bad Sectors"- so some help as seems it is going to take another 8 hours just to do this so does that sound acceptable?

What happens after all this has been done?

We have managed to download to the PC about 50% of the photo's the others are either blank or are showing only a % of the actual photo. The strange thing is that all of the photo's (thumb nails)can be viewed on the camera's screen - Nikon D40 and I should say it took over 2 hours to do that when normally on my PC it takes no more than 2/3 mins.

Trepan 13:26 13 Jan 2014

Morgen123 - thank you for your response but I did try that software and it failed suffice to say I gave up and removed it completely from my PC.

However the matter has been resolved - I took the card to a company recommended to me who specialize in (forensic) data recovery. The card was so badly corrupted that only 40% of the photo's were recoverable many had 2/3rds of the picture missing and many more just blank.

So thank you one and all for your help in this matter I did appreciate the response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)