Retrieving Orange Webmail !!!!!

Petesilver 16:30 05 Mar 2008

I can't seem to retrieve my orange webmail using IE7 It has been ok until the other day, it just keeps asking me to log in with the correct mail address and pass word which I do but comes back with the same screen every time...........
weird thing is it all works ok using my laptop on my network and it works ok on Firefox which i also have on this PC so I can only surmise it somthing to do with IE7 on this desktop anyone got any idea what it could be ?? already cleared out cookies and temp files but just can't get it to work.

Petesilver 17:18 17 May 2008

Solved

Sea Urchin 17:44 17 May 2008

It would help others in future who have the same problem if you could elaborate on how you solved it.

Petesilver 18:29 18 May 2008

Sorry :-(
I should have done I spent several days talking to my ISP (Orange) who gave me some great excuses and reasons but nothing they advise worked.
However one day I realise the date was incorrect
for some reason my PC did not update the leap year so I was a day behind as soon as I put this right Bingo !! no problem, so simple yet the so called experts never even suggested that this could be a cause of the problem.

ened 18:57 18 May 2008

My Dad has had the same problem for some time and it was there before February.

Apart from the date are you sure you didn't do anything else?

Sea Urchin 18:57 18 May 2008

Thanks for that - delighted to hear you sorted it despite Orange

Petesilver 20:33 18 May 2008

Hello ened
No I am sure I did not do anything else !! in fact I also have a laptop and I could retrieved emails on that ok so it must only have been he incorrect date on my desktop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone