retrieving files from usb memory stick

de_rossi 12:48 08 Feb 2009

Been using this memory stick for ages, maybe once recently I pulled it out of the drive without taking care to do it properly.. anyway now i get 3.5 floppy icon in windows explorer instead of it booting up normally. And I can't see any of the files though according to properties the device is still pretty full.

Can anyone please help me with a way of retrieving the data? Not bothered if the usbdisk never works again but I'd quite like my files.
Any help much appreciated, thankyou.

rawprawn 13:00 08 Feb 2009

Try Recuva click here

de_rossi 17:27 08 Feb 2009

thanks raw, ran this.
it didn't recognize that I even had a memory stick on the go, so I pointed it to 3.5 floppy. It very quickly came back having found the pdf on how to use the usdiskpro and the password software but nothing else.
I can actually see that stuff in windows explorer.
theres far more on the flash drive but it doesn't seem to want to go there.
any ideas anyone pls?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:52 08 Feb 2009

Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here
Restor Pen Drives click here
CampicRestor click here

rawprawn 20:55 08 Feb 2009
  de_rossi 16:18 10 Feb 2009

thanks. Thing is all of these recovery tools are yielding much the same answer.
I figure theres something deeper wrong with the usb device for it not to be booting up and for it to be showing as a 3.5 floppy drive where formerly it would have been USBDISKPRO and booting up immediately.
I know the stuffs there because properties is telling me the drive is more than half full. Red light on the device lights briefly when I put it in but it never wants to boot up any more, and none of these recovery tools recognizes that I even have a flash device attached. ??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:30 10 Feb 2009

Refresh USB Ports
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here

Bris 18:57 10 Feb 2009

I have one of these similar to yours and it always shows as 2 drives one as floppy drive B that contains the password software and the other as a UDISK that contains the data. Its possible that Windows is not seeing the second drive.

Go into disc management and see if its there. You may see it with a drive letter of "*" (inactive)if so assign a letter to it and then Windows should pick it up as normal.

Hope this helps

de_rossi 22:12 11 Feb 2009

excellent. thanks guys. I'm sorted now.
your help very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?