Retrieving deleted Windows Live emails

Mister M 23:33 19 Mar 2010

I have inadvertantly deleted some of my Windows Live emails. Has anybody been able to successfully retrieve deleted emails in Windows Live. I have tried several free undelete programs off the internet but none have been successful.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

northumbria61 00:01 20 Mar 2010

You could try checking your "deleted items" folder - if this is empty you will have to use a third party software

click here

Mister M 00:15 20 Mar 2010

Thanks northumbria61. I am running on Win XP and at the bottom of the page in your link, there is a further link for XP users which is the one that I had already tried, unfortunately, without success. Thanks for the reply though.

Mister M 00:17 20 Mar 2010

I forgot to mention, the emails have also been deleted from my "Deleted Items" folder

northumbria61 08:00 20 Mar 2010

This won't retrieve your lost emails but it should safeguard you for the future.

click here

Sea Urchin 19:07 20 Mar 2010

Try Recuva

click here

Mister M 19:23 20 Mar 2010

Thanks Sea Urchin but the software in your link is for retrieving lost files deleted from the likes of your recycle bin or from memory cards, USB memory sticks etc.

I am looking more specifically for some means of retrieving previously deleted emails from Windows Live (web based) mail. Thanks for your response though.

Sea Urchin 22:18 20 Mar 2010

No - Recuva is a program for retrieving lost files from anywhere on your computer - it only mentions that it also INCLUDES the items you mention. But if you don't want to try it then that's up to you - many people have been amazed at the data they have recovered.

northumbria61 22:23 20 Mar 2010

I would certainly give RECUVA a go - you have nothing to lose - and who knows what you might gain.

Mister M 22:31 20 Mar 2010

Apologies Sea Urchin if i came across as disregarding. It was just that when I read the description for Recuva, it didn't seem appropriate for what I was trying to retrieve back. I have also downloaded several retrieval programs already which sounded similar to Recuva but didn't work.

Anyway, i'll give it a go and post back to let everyone know how i get on.

northumbria61 22:41 20 Mar 2010

Take your pick.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?