Retrieve disc from Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E

twitcher 21:21 01 Sep 2009

A friend of mine has a Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E all-in one computer with a vertical side slot DVD/RW drive. Unfortunately, when inserting a DVD it didn’t click properly into the drive and fell into the inner computer frame. Does anybody know how to retrieve the disc?

Technotiger 23:10 01 Sep 2009

There is normally a small pin-hole in the front of CD drives, intentionally for the use of inserting a straightened paper-clip to open the drives in an emergency. Perhaps your friend could use the same tactic after placing the Unit on its side?

I once did something similar for a friend, at the same time I also needed to give the Unit a bit of a shake, to successfully dislodge the disc.

Technotiger 23:21 01 Sep 2009

Hmm, having had a look at the machine via Google, it is not quite what I expected, but my suggestion could still work - though as I understand it, not a computer frame as such, more of a Monitor frame, so extra care would need to be taken.

twitcher 10:34 02 Sep 2009

Many thanks, I'll pass your advice on to my friend when I see him later this week. If it succeeds I'll let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone