Retrieval of Outlook Mail

Gigs 20:27 21 Dec 2004

I have been using MS Outlook for some time under Win 98 and have recently upgraded to XP Pro.

Unfortunately, during the upgrade, I have lost all the information from Outlook. There are some things I would like to recover.

Can anyone tell me please how I can do this. Is it still retained on a server somewhere?

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 21:07 21 Dec 2004

Do a search for *.pst and it may be there.

Gigs 22:16 21 Dec 2004

Thanks for that. I assume you mean under files and folders. Never used this before.

Jeffers22 22:28 21 Dec 2004

If you find the pst file DS refers to, you will need to make sure that Outlook points to the right place. This is available under Tools > Options > Mail Set Up Tab > Data File Locations button.

For the future so you never get caught by any changes, set the location of your pst file to somewhere else. I have mine on a Data drive so that it is never affected by a change in, to or by the OS. My Data drive is currently a separate physical drive, but it could be just a separate partition. You will need to copy the file to your chosen location using Windwos Explorer (Outlook should not be running when you do this) and then open Outlook and using the menu commands above point at the copy in it's new location.

Gigs 22:52 21 Dec 2004

Sorry to be a bit slow, when I go into Outlook, I click Tools > options but then I can't find mail setup etc. Can you clarify please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?